Always, Always, Always
During the month of November it's become pretty common to share with others the things we feel grateful for. Whether it's a post on a social site, written in a journal or whatever. I'm always happy to see the things that people are grateful for. We should all be thankful all the time! Just look at what the people in the Phillipines are dealing with tonight. As we sit in our homes that no matter how simple, are better that what most of the world has to make a home with.
A few years ago, in 1999 actually, I picked up a book that changed my life. It's called "SImple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach.
In the book we are told about the value of keeping a "gratitude journal". Writing down five things we are grateful for each day. Even on the very worst of days, we can at least think of five things to be thankful for. At first I faithfully kept my gratitude journal. As things often go, I don't write them down like I used to. But instead it's become part of my daily LIFE to look around at the things we are so blessed with.
In honor of this being the month of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to share with you thirty things I am grateful for....
1. I have three of the most amazing sons on the planet.
2. My soul is overjoyed to live in this amazing place called Montana.
3. I get to live my dream of being a farmgirl.
4. My family and I are all healthy, except for the rugrat with the sniffles....
5. The joy I get from my horses.
6. The abundance in my pantry.
7. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
8. Having dependable vehicles to drive.
9. Hot showers on cold mornings.
10. A warm house.
11. My best friends. I'm ridiculously blessed there.
12. My mom being able to come here and share this life. (and help me!!)
13. A camera that helps me take beautiful photos.
14. My Bible
15. The freedom to be a Christian in America.
17. I have two of the world's BEST dogs! And one kinda naughty one. But she's not really bad....just a little bit.
18. That the gray hair I have just makes it look like I'm getting more blonde.
19. Pumpkin pie!
20. Candles. I love them, they're all over my house.
21. Perfume. I feel naked without it.
22. Red high heels.
23. My hot pink, insulated Muck boots. I couldn't live without them!
24. The cozy barn for my critters.
25. The encouragment to keep writing and blogging. Thank YOU!
26. Chinook winds
27. My super comfy bed. That I am about to go find....
28. How bright the stars are here.
29. The internet.
30. Knowing that I am truly loved.
I hope that my little list has inspired you to look around for something to be grateful for. We might not have everything we we ever wanted. But even on the worst of days, there is always, always, always something to be grateful for.
Now go make something beautiful,